12 April 2009

my sweet easter sunday

hallelujah!  Jesus is risen!

i woke up with such excitement today, knowing i am free.  free in the ultimate meaning of the word.  

yes, i live in this wonderful country and have freedom of speech, freedom to choose what i believe in, freedom to be who i want to be, freedom to be doing this - what i love. yes, i am over 21 so i am free to make my own choices, whether responsible or not.  yes, i have a wonderful husband who encourages me to freely be myself.  but really, one can have all of these things, and still be dying on the inside.  one can live in this country, have millions of dollars, the biggest home, the "perfect" life, and still be miserable.

i know, because i have been there.  and not only myself, but i have seen that sad kind of misery all around me, even in my own family.  it's a horrible feeling when everything looks the best it can on the outside, but on the inside, you feel trapped and strangled - the complete opposite of free.

you can be sure that i only experienced freedom when i trusted in Jesus to save me.  when i let go of my greed, selfishness, anger, and discontent with life, and i let the Lord actually be Lord and I obeyed what He said...

i found freedom.

more freedom in life, more joy, more peace than i have ever known.  and it is all because He conquered those ugly things inside of me (green, selfishness, anger, discontent, etc.) !  Jesus was perfect because He was God.  and He took my imperfections so that I wouldn't be condemned, but that I might have freedom.  He was condemned for me, but He didn't stop there!  He died on the cross to save me, but He rose again that I might have freedom and life abundant!  That seriously makes me want to jump up and down!!!  

It's because I have been in that state of misery and now, I'm not.  I'm forever free, on the inside and out.  

and it all has to do with Jesus!  He wants you to have the same freedom.  ask Him to show it to you, and He will.  follow Him, and you will know exactly how it feels to be loved, and to be free.
 
***

so today i celebrated all of the above, and it was so lovely.  as many of you know, my husband currently works night shift, so we spend time together in the mornings (when he gets home) and in the evenings (when he prepares to leave).  it's actually not so bad, because we are always focused on spending quality time together and making the most of it.  

this morning, we went to the early service at church, and then went to panera for breakfast.  he headed to bed, and i had the rest of the day to prepare a yummy easter dinner, relax, and enjoy the beautiful day!  it was such a sweet easter.

after watching 4 episodes of gilmore girls in a row (yesssss), i did some laundry, cleaned the apt a bit, and then went to the park to ROLLERBLADE.  yes, i said it ya'll - i went rollerblading all by myself today.  

and it was GLORIOUS.

i was quite afraid that i was going to bust in front of all the happy go lucky park people, but thankfully i didn't.  although there were plenty of those awkward my-arms-spaz-into-the-air-because-i'm-losing-my-balance moments, no busts.  so i'm okay!

i brought my Bible and journal, so after rollerblading i sat and read John 19&20, and i cried.  in the park, i cried at how wonderful my Jesus is.  

so that is my easter*2009 story!  i am so thankful, and i hope you are too.  



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


No comments: