18 December 2008

Christmas Tour of Homes | 2008


Welcome! This year I am in fact participating in Boomama's famous 2008 Christmas Tour of Homes. Relax, get a cup of hot chocolate, and feel cozy in my home tour!

BooMamaChristmasTour

Welcome to the beautiful mountains of Boone, NC!
(our apartment is the door on the bottom)

here, have some cookies...

The Saturday Evening Post Christmas Book is one of my favorite Christmas Story Collections. Every year (starting this year!) it will be our tradition to read the most wonderful description of Christmas I have ever heard - the introduction of the book by Henry Van Dyke.


um, we don't have a fireplace :). we're newlyweds so our space is limited!


my beautiful willow tree nativity!
my favorite decorative piece

*drumroll please*

dddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

our tree!


thanks for stopping by!
my favorite Christmas recipe | Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
1/4 c. softened butter
1/2-3/4 bag white chocolate chips (whatever you like)

Grease and flour one loaf pan; sometimes you may be able to get two pans full depending on the size of your pan.

Mix wet ingredients 1st, add dry ingredients. Bake 350 for about 45 minutes....depends on your oven.....enjoy with family and friends....



Blessings to you this holiday season!











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no law that stockings have to be hung on a fireplace - I think your stocking sign is perfect!

Merry Christmas!!

Unknown said...

I love your place :-) I am obsessed with the "merry" decoration and can't wait to try out those yummy pumpkin muffins (ps - we were newlyweds just a few years ago with no fireplace either . . . don't worry - it will come!)

Carrie said...

Marcus and I have been married for 5 years ... still no fire place ... bummer. Your apartment decor is so cute and tree is beautiful! My sis is going to love those pumpkin muffins. Thank you for sharing your home and recipe! Merry Christmas!!!