03 December 2008

lots to update!

have so many wonderful things to share and so little time! i have one more week of college (wooohooo!) so i am trying to scramble and finish all my final projects. i am also in much preparation for the upcoming wedding of johnny (my brother) and meghan! our whole family will be travelling to PA this weekend, and i will be travelling with all of my photo equipment in-tow as i am their photographer. i couldn't be more honored! i will definitely post pictures of their big day :).

a quick recap of my life : so much has been going on with nancy ray photography. it all started a few weeks ago in charleston, sc, when i went to azul photography's lighting the moment workshop. it was a trip that marked so much for me as a photographer. i learned from Christobal Perez, WPJA's 8th ranked wedding photojournalist in the world. he is an amazing photographer and teacher, willing to sit down and talk with you until you understand a concept, no matter how long it takes. i walked away from that weekend with a changed perspective on how i want to treat other photographers and how i want to take photographs. hopefully some of those changes will be evident in the months to come.

so that weekend was not only a huge step in my career as a photographer but also was a wonderful retreat for me and my husband. neither of us had ever been to charleston, and we fell in love with the architecture and beauty there. we enjoyed the historical carriage ride and loved the warm breeze from the ocean as we walked around the battery. that trip will always be so dear to me!

lighting the moment workshop

tim sayer and ken luallen


juliet elizabeth
marni rothschild




Chris Perez




out on the town!
this is me standing in front of the street where my mom lived when she was my age




the view from breakfast :)


i couldn't get enough of the beautiful trees

will couldn't resist trying to get as close as he could to the alligator :)


enchanting...



the best lasagna i've ever had: mercato !


my husband the photographer! in city lights coffee


typical of us: iphone + coffee

our historical tour... amazing

where george washington danced with 400 women in one night!






a tiny alley around a corner





where we stayed : the andrew pinckney inn


more updates to come!

1 comment:

Mary Lindsey said...

first let me say how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures! I had to comment on them even though I will see you tomorrow - yay!!!!!

I want you to come and paint my life in portraits because your life looks so glamorous!!!

PS... the pic will took of you... you are wasting away, child! Do not worry, this weekend, I will fatten you up *some* (wink...) You look stunning! Can't wait to spend time with you! mmmwah!