10 December 2008

Final Portfolio

Well, my days in Katherine Harper Hall at Appalachian State University are finally over. I spent so many hours in that building mixing chemicals for the dark room, being the lab assistant, editing projects in photoshop, critiquing other photographs as well as my own, studying photo history, etc. etc. etc. It was such a wonderful experience and I have learned so much.

I finally narrowed down all my images and decided to go strictly with Wedding Photography for my Portfolio. Not many students in my department want to photograph weddings, so it was a very unique gallery. Welcome to Nancy Ray Photography's gallery in Katherine Harper Hall!



my photographer's statement (click to enlarge):



Thanks to everyone who gave their input on this blog, in emails, and even on their own blogs. I definitely used the suggestions to help me decide!

4 comments:

Mary Lindsey said...

this is beautiful, minki! Your statement at the bottom is so well said! I love all of the pictures, and I am so very proud of you. You already are such a great photographer, and you are only going to get better as time goes on!

This is random, but I was thinking the other day that you should totally hold workshops for the "average joe" to learn how to take pictures... what kind of camera to buy, how to do work with lighting, etc. And you should charge for it. I would totally pay to learn how to take good pictures of my little one! If you came here, I know many moms who would probably love to come to one of these! So, anyway, that's it for me!

I'm so proud of my seester! I love you with all my heart!

Sissy

Tara said...

Great job, Nancy! A portfolio to be very proud of... You sure are creative:)

And I loved your photographer's statement too. Very beautifully written.

PS. And I agree with Mary Lindsey's idea of a "average joe" class... I have a great camera that I try to use... But many times, I have no idea what I'm doing!

Anonymous said...

YAY for you!!! congrats on finishing. you are so awesome and talented. God has given you a wonderful gift and you are using it.
i love the "statement." it was beautifully written and real.
:-)

the.indie.image said...

Hey there! I randomly found a thing about your website launch on my feed on facebook (apparently we have mutual friends!). I like your website, very fun. It lead me to your blog and I saw this post and was like, "whoah! I know that place!" I too was a tec photo student at app. recognized that corner as soon as I saw it! I think I even saw your portfolio hanging last time I was up there. Anyway, I just thought it was a crazy neat coincidence! Good luck with all of your photography adventures!