24 March 2009

Dave Ramsey.... Attempt

For those of you who know me personally, and are around me quite a bit, you know that my husband Will and I have a lot of interest in Dave Ramsey.  

Okay, so it's kindof an obsession.  

Like, we do not miss a single podcast, we have completed "Financial Peace University," we own his bestseller Total Money Makeover, and we even have his bumper stickers.  Yeah. 

So when we went to Nashville, TN this past weekend, we were super excited to go to Financial Peace Plaza to see him do his radio show... LIVE!!!   We listened to his radio show while driving to Brentwood, and when we got there we jumped out of the car to take a photo by the sign:


Photobucket
(please note how i propped the camera up in the grass.  classic "i don't have my tripod with me" shot!)

we went inside and....low and behold, we found this sad, sad sign:

Photobucket

We were totally bummed!  They are doing lots and lots of construction and his viewing booth isn't a viewing booth anymore, but is behind closed doors.  But we did see this cool light that says "On Air"  behind a glass door, which was right outside of where Dave Ramsey was! 

Photobucket

I will say that it was still a really fun trip! We went to their makeshift bookstore (bc of the construction) and I bought... another bumper sticker :).  And I am super excited about coming back in April because they will have a brand new coffee shop where you can sit and view Dave Ramsey while drinking coffee (I think they designed that especially for me - my two favorite things!) and a lovely new bookstore as well.

But on a more serious note, we are so thankful for him. Whether it's for your personal life or for your business, Dave Ramsey has advice to give that has really changed my life.  He truly saved our marriage from a lot of strife by teaching us how to get on the same page with our finances, and we like working as a team to be wise with our money and stay out of debt! We work with a strict budget and do not, and will not ever own a credit card! It is very rewarding.  

so find him on your radio today and listen!  

No comments: