07 May 2009

love affair | a workshop

there is so much i want in life.  it's a bit ironic, because i already have everything i could want in my Lord + my husband + my photography.  i am content, and yet i find myself wanting more. i think that's a good place to be.

have you ever heard that saying, "if you're not moving forward, you are moving backwards" ? i love that.  i always love to push myself in all areas of  my life, to be a woman of excellence in my cooking, my creativity, my organization, my relationships, my photography, my finances, my spirituality, my business.  i want to "turn heads," so that i can noticeably be the salt and light of the earth.  i don't want to go unnoticed.  i want to be balanced, i want to be different.

i think that's why this workshop caught my eye so quickly... 




it's called the "love affair workshop." it includes ladies & ladies only {yes!), and the entire weekend all the girls attending learn about {all aspects of} business and photography, & balancing your life.

um.... yes, please!

i found out about it through millie holloman - one of my few photographers that i follow regularly for inspiration.  {you should read her blog - it's ridiculous!}  through millie, i have come to learn from and admire Kelly Moore Clark, Davina Fear, and Lauren Clark.   all four of these talented ladies will be leading this group of 60 women, sharing their different perspectives on technique and business.  


if i don't end up going this year, i hope i can next.  they are offering a scholarship opportunity that i'm trying for, so i will let you know how it goes!  but for all you lady photographers - you should seriously look into this.  i can't read enough fabulous reviews about this workshop, no matter how advanced you are, or how much of a beginner you are. you can find their blog here: .love affair workshop.

ONE MORE THING:  i will be submitting a video of me doing something crazy to win the scholarship! i WILL post it on my blog...... keep your eyes out for it :).


so stay tuned! & leave me some love {aka comments! aka why you think i should win the scholarship!}!


 

1 comment:

Tara Hope said...

nancy i sincerely hope you win this scholarship because you are a little ray of sunshine in this world,and you are able to capture life moments so perfectly! :) anything to further that gift is a must! :) you are an incredible photographer, and i know its only up from here! :)