17 February 2009

the black apple doll

as i was trying to decide what to give my little one year old niece for her birthday, i came across this adorable "black apple doll" in a martha stewart living magazine.  the woman who created this kind of doll is the #1 seller on etsy.  anyway, i thought it was absolutely perfect for harper!  it took me a while to make, since i made it by hand instead of with a sewing machine, but it was absolutely worth it.  harper's face was priceless when i gave it to her... she slept with it and even took it with her to the doctor's office the next day.  she dragged it around by the feet, snuggled with it, chewed on it, and everything else a little girl should do with her doll.  it was so sweet!

 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Harper's Priceless expression when first seeing her doll

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and i LOVE that i found her in the kitchen with her doll. she was dragging it around with her everywhere! she is such a little girl, and i love it!

Photobucket

now, what should i get for my nephews on their birthdays??? i have a feeling they won't want a doll! 

6 comments:

Tara Hope said...

oh my goodness.....so sweet! :) she is very blessed to have such a wonderful aunt!

Nicole Day said...

nancy ray I am so impressed by you!! i want to be your niece.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh. You are the best aunt ever. Harper is so precious!

Mary Lindsey said...

You really are the best aunt ever, and Harper still loves "her baby." She hugs her so many times during the day... it is precious. I can't wait to see her doll get worn out and loved on over time...

Thank you!

Sissy

leah said...

This is so cute Nancy! I love that you made this doll and I'm sure Harper loved it! I got your message and my email is leah(dot)guenther(at)gmail(dot)com ! Thank you so much for giving me the name of your books that you are using, I'm going to have to check those out!

Anonymous said...

omgosh i want one!! i'm next on your list nancy. :-)
i love creating stuff and dolls too! you go crafty girl.